Sunday, September 4, 2016

28.9

NO GUESSES THIS WEEK....I'll be lucky if I make it in on time.

Ecrits Blogophilia Week 28.9 Topic:
“I Had Been Waiting All Day”
Bonuses: Hard (2 pts): Include the titles of 3 movies DIRECTED by Eric Weston
Evilspeak (1981)
Pressure Point (2001)
Come Out Fighting (2016)
Easy (1 pt): Mention “Xena Warrior Princess”
Picture: Alice in Oz
Alice in Oz
IDEFK I had originally had this all set up for a short-story. I was actually going to sit down on Monday and then I got the call from my new job....The wanted me to come in starting Friday. I was to work the night shift from 2:30-11 PM and repeat those shifts on Saturday and Sunday and then have Monday off.

I was supposed to give a two week notice to the Y, but that was barely a week they gave me.  I had been waiting all day....for a freaking month...to hear from them, and when I finally did, they didn't care????

It's fine though, as I decided not to evilspeak about it.  After I reach a certain pressure point in my life, I have to come out fighting.  I fight like Xena Warrior Princess.  But I also tend to turn my emotions off.  Right now, there is no feeling.

I've tried to cry over the death of my childhood friend, but truth be told, that friendship died a long time ago.  I cared just a bit when the AC broke.  I couldn't even think straight to save my life.  I just pretty much put on anything that seemed business like, and I went to work just like that.

I'm behind the desk, and yet I'm expected to cover up the tattoos on my legs.  These are old people that can barely see and hear...I seriously doubt anyone is going to ask me questions about my tats.  It's a good thing I'm wearing a watch where my wrist tattoo is...sheesh!  I found myself in another Christian-faith-based place.  Only a Jew girl can accomplish this one. Oy vey!  I can be quite the meshuganah!

So right now, my mind is in Oz....or Wonderland...It's in Diana-Town.  I need a bit of a brain break...at least until the dust settles down...or something like that! :)

DJ



~~

6 comments:

  1. Aw! This is Shi. I'm so sorry about the loss - it hurts even if you'd drifted apart. You can call me anytime, you know that.

    You and I think of night shift differently - I think of nights as what I do, 11pm - 7am. Yours I think of as evenings. Tomato, tomahto. Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shifts I usually call them the graveyard shifts...I don't know why...that's just what I call them. At this job, they have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. 1st shift is 6:30am-3pm, 2nd is 2:30pm-11pm. The security pretty much has the same shifts, but then they have a third shift and that's from 10pm-6:30am. It's kind of a strange set up. I have three 2nd shifts working, and 2 1st shifts working. I'm coming in last, and so I'm filling in the shifts the others don't want to work.

      Aw, thanks..I know I can talk to you. I'm just not ready to talk about it. There's a lot to process in my head and as soon as I have the time, I'll write it all down! :)

      DJ

      Delete
  2. Of course. Well you know the door is always open. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new job Diana :) ~Christine W.

    ReplyDelete

Translate